Homemade recipe: Chicken Broth
Published on November 18, 2021 4:33 AM
Do you want to make your Homemade Chicken Broth to add in your soup or sauce preparation? Try our recipe!
Prep: 10-15 min
Cook : 1h-1h30
- 1-2 pounds bony chicken pieces (legs, wings, necks or backbones)
- 1-2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 medium onions
- 1-2 celery ribs with leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1-2/1 teaspoon aromatic herbs (rosemary, thyme, coriander or parsley)
- 3 pinches of pepper and salt
- 2-3 quarts water
- Stock cube (to step up flavor)
- Chicken skin
(This recipe functions for bony beef pieces too. You can change as your taste for the herbs, pepper and salt)
- Sauce pan
- Wooden spoon
- Conical strainer/ Strainer
- Wash vegetables. Cut into chunks: onions, carrots and celery.
- Sauce pan: Heat olive oil. Cook over a high heat and roasted chicken bones with vegetables. Salt and pepper the prep.
- Throw in aromatic herbs, bay leaves and water.
- Low heat
- Skim the chicken broth. Repeat the operation for few times.
- Close and simmer from 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- At last, use the conical strainer and filter the broth in a dish or a container.
- Enjoy it!
- Remove the gelatin from the surface, if you don't want it.
- It's possible to freeze the prep.
Comment about this recipe and share it!