Camille's, Best Pastry Chef 2019, Hot chocolate tonka bean style
Published on December 13, 2019 10:43 AM
Servings : 4, Preparation: 10 min, Cooking: 10 min, Category: Drink, Cooking: French
- Semi-skimmed milk: 840 g - 29.63013 ounce
- Extra dark chocolate: 120 g - 4.23288 ounce
- Milk chocolate: 50 g - 1.7637 ounce
- Tonka bean: 1
- In a saucepan, grate the tonka bean with a zester (use ¼ of the pod only, the taste of the tonka is quite powerful!).
- Heat the milk until boiling.
- Pour gradually (in 3 times at least) on the chocolate emulsifying strongly for it to melt. Stir with a whisk.
Using chocolate in tablet rather than powdered chocolate makes it possible to obtain a texture of hot chocolate that is more consistent, but above all, more comforting !